Friday, April 25, 2008

Why can't men notice new haircuts?

My sweet innocent 5th grader has been attending Band class since the first week of September, 2007. He was instructed to purchase a binder for all of his sheet music and decided to design a cool cover sheet for the front....
Look at the great bubble lettering and musical note. Nice huh?
Now, I've seen this binder dozens and dozens of times over the school year. I've seen it on the kitchen counter, Nick's desk, on couch cushions, etc. etc. etc....
So why on earth did I not notice what Connor noticed tonight when he saw it lying on the kitchen table?
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

OH MY GOSH!

As soon as Connor saw this he immediately went over to Nick and covered the non-mammary section of the word with his hand then asked Nick "Why are you drawing things like this on your notebook?"

Nick's initial response was a look of bewilderment. A "what are you talking about" look flashed across his face. Then all of a sudden his eyes got real wide and he turned beet red with embarrassment.


He, being the sweet innocent kid I know and love, was shocked by this development (pardon the pun). Then he said something like "No wonder that kid in class asked me about the letter "B" on my binder that one time."

I haven't laughed that hard in a long time.

I have a feeling that Nick might be designing a new cover sheet for his binder sometime this weekend!

No comments: