Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Now I Know Why They Are Called Bangs

In an attempt to change my hairstyle that has pretty much been the same since 1989 I've decided to grow out my bangs...again.

I've done this a number of times over the past decade or so, with not a great deal of success...hence I still have bangs adorning my forehead.

But, I mean it this time!

Really.

Why can I birth a child, but can't seem to grow my bangs past my nose?

I mean come on.

Just because I look like a total goofball for having bangs down to my nose, yet the rest of my hair looks proportionate...
Just because my bangs poof up to be the size of large danish pastry every time I blow dry them...
Just because they are CONSTANTLY poking me in the eyes every time I try to see the world around me....
Just because they cause me to whine so much that my husband secretly wants to take a pair of scissors to them in the middle of the night just to have the insanity stop....Is no reason to hack them off.

I mean, I can do this folks. I will do this. Just you wait and see.

However, in my crazy hair hating rage I came to this next conclusion...
Are they called bangs because when you try to grow them out, you really want to grab a gun and shoot something? HMMMMmmmmm.

1 comment:

PRP said...

Since I have known you since way before 1989, this I've GOT TO SEE.

You can do it. You were made to do hard things, I just know it.