Friday, October 2, 2009

Yes, I have a pulse...

I'm still alive and kickin'....

Just busy and slackin'...

However, I can safely say my boys have not been slackin' AT ALL. This school year is proving to be a challenging one so far.

First off, Nicholas has entered the world of middle school. I'm still in denial and having a hard time fathoming my child entering this phase of life. Where has my little red-headed knee biter gone? He's entered the halls of a school that so far, has no problem with piling on mountains of homework, that's where. He seems to be liking his new school, just not the amount of homework he's dealt with each night. After dinner, you can find him planted in his desk chair working away for an average of 2 hours. I honestly do not remember this as a 7th grader, do you? He is in honors classes so that may be the difference. I hope things get easier for him and maybe he'll find a better balance of homework and free time soon.

Nolan is LOVING school so far... His new teacher is perfection. I've met her only a few times but she is well spoken, friendly, caring, organized, and has Nolan's success in her best interest. Yay! We've been lucky to have awesome teacher's for Nolan in the last few years and that makes me unbelievably happy. It should be a fun year for him. It looks like he'll have lots of interesting and challenging assignments to keep his bright brain busy.

This is where I would post some first day of school photos. But, alas, I'm unable to upload the photos I chose. It may have something to do with this new template I picked out... Hmm.... I don't know. You'll just have to envision the boys standing in the entry way wearing new school clothes with nicely combed hair. :)

On a side note... I will not let weeks go by before posting again. I know this to be a fact because I've got some fun stuff coming up that I'll want to share. Starting tomorrow! Some wickedly fun stuff!! :)

1 comment:

PRP said...

So glad you're back in the land of the living! Can't wait to see you in the morning...!