Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Sweet Baby James






Today is a day I will never forget.

My friend, Karen, and I have had many memorable days over our 30 year friendship...

This one was one of the best.

She asked me several months ago if I'd like to be with her in the hospital room when her fourth and final baby was to be born. My answer was, of course, YES!!

Poor Karen has had a terrible pregnancy, riddled with a cracked pelvis, a hernia, "all-day" sickness, sore hips, and a ginormous belly. It was really rough and unfortunately her labor was just as rough. She was elated to finally get an epidural after several hours of painful contractions only to have the epidural not work. It was really tough watching her suffer through each contraction especially since the hours were passing by without much progress.

But she is a trooper! After being in the hospital for 15 & 1/2 hours She finally got to see her little guy at 1:21 this morning! It was amazing and I'm so glad I was there to try and comfort her and see sweet Austin James enter this world. He's perfectly healthy and I could have rocked him in the rocking chair til the end of next year. He weighed in at 7 lbs 15 oz and was 20 inches long. He was cooing and squeaking all day and I wanted to take him home with me!

Congratulations Karen and Brad on a wonderful addition to an already wonderful family. His golden brown wavy locks and adorable dimples will officially make your kids some of the cutest kids known to grace this earth!

Thanks for allowing me to be a part of your special day- I will never forget it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats to Karen & family for their newest addition! Oh, the stories you're going to tell his entire life! I am so glad you were able to make it over to Eastern Washington to be with Karen and support her through such terrible pain but one truly amazing experience. What a momentous occassion! See you next week! Drive Safely!
~Brenda

Anonymous said...

Great pictures, Kel!