Friday, February 15, 2008

Domo Arigoto Mr. Roboto

My sweet Valentine of 17 years surprised me with a little token of love for V-Day....

Was it flowers? Was it a giant heart shaped box full of scrumptous chocolates? How 'bout a card filled with words proclaiming his undying love for moi?

Nope.

It was......














A sweet and thoughtful ROOMBA! A robot vacuum cleaner or "slave" as we've so lovingly referred to it.

And I LOVE it!!

I have to admit, I was a little surprised by this gift. Connor is known for giving thoughtful, beautiful, excellent, and tasteful gifts that NEVER involve household appliances. But as soon as this little robot fella was all charged up and ready for some serious cleaning action I was hooked.

He merrily (I like to think of it as a male, it's like my own little butler!) cruises quietly around my house, sweeping and sucking up any debris that my lovely children and pets have deposited. I can sit on my bumpkus while he goes to town.... Or, I can be doing the dishes and getting two chores done at once. Brilliant!!

I really need to come up for a proper name for this little robot... "slave" just doesn't sound very good. I'm open to any suggestions anyone might have.

Anyway... Thank you Valentine for this thoughtful, time saving, fun to watch gift. I love you.

No comments: