Friday, December 18, 2009

The stockings are hung by the chimney with care...

I do love me some Christmas decorations.
I had fun rediscovering old favorites as I pulled them out of their plastic tote homes.
Some are old and sentimental. Some are new and sparkly. I love them ALL.

I love these glass cylinders... I can put ANYTHING in them all year round.

Look, that is sunshine bouncing off my wall! It's a rare sight in December!


I absolutely love these two little wooden snowmen. Nick and Nolan each made one of them when they were in Preschool. I adore their crooked eyes and off kilter smiles.



My Uncle Al gave me these cute elves made from branches he had laying around the yard. I LOVE THEM SO. I tell ya, my Uncle Al is one of the most creative people I know. I love all of his quirky and inventive creations!




Our staircase is flanked by this garland each and every year and I'm always so disappointed when I have to take it down. It such a cheerful greeting when you first walk through the front door.




I found these little snowflake ornaments at Ikea and I think I place them some where different each and every year.


Gigantic poinsettia that I know will not survive to see 2010. For some reason, I was not meant to keep poinsettias alive... I love them but no matter how careful I think I'm being with them, they drop their leaves and kick the bucket as soon as I bring them home.




I'm big on beaded garland, I put it EVERYWHERE. Like on these platters filled with balls and angels. It was a haphazard idea, but I think they turned out pretty cute.



Surprise...more beaded garland! This time in a giant glass cylinder holding up Nick and Nolan's Santa picture from a couple years ago. Their last Santa picture. sniff.


The only thing missing is our Christmas tree. It does exist and it is in my living room right this minute. But it's naked and I think I'll wait to take it's photo AFTER it's been decorated.
I hope you are all enjoying your merry and bright Christmas houses.
Only one week to go!











1 comment:

PRP said...

It's all looking so beautiful! I wish I was there to see it for myself...:(

Shouldn't you be out celebrating your birthday????

Love you!