Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Picasso Does Not Live Here....

My Brother Scott's family sent Nicholas a very fun and fitting Birthday present for him.
We opened the package to find the gift surrounded by fabulously hand drawn greeting cards from his fave far off cousins. That was gift enough!
Then he opened the wrapped gift to find a collection of artist tools.
There were graphite pencils, erasers, water color pencils and this helpful dude... Nick ripped open the box the mannequin came in right away...
Then he invited me to sit down next to him to draw a still life of said dude.

This is Nick's rendition of the dude.
Awesome if I do say so myself.
This kid has got some mad sketching skills.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now for my rendition...
I'm a little embarrassed to demonstrate my total lack of skills...
But it made me laugh so stinkin' hard that I have to share....
::
::
::
::
::
Are you ready?
::
::
::
::
::
::
::


You might be asking yourself, why? Why on earth does that so called lady bend like she does? Or... Why is her left leg so much smaller than her right? Or... why is it that her arms could possibly wrap around her tiny little head fourteen times? Or why is Jay Leno's chin on this lady's face? The questions are endless really.
I ask myself this... Why would the local elementary school put me in charge of teaching art to school aged children every month for the past three years?
If they saw this, I think they may revoke my volunteer art docent status.
I will say this... WE NEVER DRAW PEOPLE in any art lessons. It's just not a good idea.
Nuff said.

1 comment:

Jordan Tori Fallon Billy said...

http://torijordanfallonbilly.blogspot.com/