Sunday, September 28, 2008

The youth of today have it too easy.

Case in point...

Today, Nolan and I were in the kitchen getting lunch ready for the fam. He asked if he could have a whole can of soda. To which I replied, "no, a half a can is plenty for you". A few minutes later I started to pour a whole can of soda for Connor into a giant glass with ice. Nolan looked at me and said..."Hey, that's not fair. Why does Dad get a whole can?" I looked him in the eyes and said "Daddy's been hard at work today in the yard so he deserves a whole can. I haven't seen you do any work today Nolan." He instantly responded by rolling his eyes and saying "Oh REALLY? Have you ever licked a WHOLE lollipop before? It's a lot of work, mom. I mean really. It was not easy to keep from biting into that sucker ya know."

Oh my good golly. I just busted up. One of my favorite things about being a mom is getting to hear these little gems from time to time. You just never know what zinger is going to come out of their mouths, they crack me up.

2 comments:

PRP said...

I love it! You can't mess with that kind of logic!

And I'm loving this Eddie Vedder song. Is it old or new?

Kelly said...

It's been around for a little while, it's from the movie "Into The Wild" that came out last year.