Friday, August 29, 2008

Empty Nest Syndrome

My house feels so empty.
It's been bustling the past four weeks with lively interaction between grandkids and grandparents.
Yesterday they packed up the car for their drive back home.
I love it when my parents come to visit in the Summer. They get a chance to escape the scorching Arizona heat and we get the opportunity to have fun with them.
They are AWESOME house guests... Extremely helpful. I couldn't get them to stop doing the dishes, laundry, and cooking. How on earth will I survive without them?
I guess it wasn't all fun and games around here. For instance, my mom DID break her arm from the fall she took last weekend. She likes to refer to the cast as her "souvenir".
We liked to walk down to the lake and in the forest with Grandpa. He's also a superior fishing buddy to the boys. He helped Nick land two "eatin' size" trout on one of their fishing excursions.



When my parents come to town, I get to see more of my Aunt Linda as an added bonus!
Here we are chatting away in the back yard... Do you see the tree monkey behind us?
I hope my parents enjoyed their stay as much as I did. I still wished they lived nearby, but I'll take what I can get.
Come back again next year...We love you guys!!

No comments: