Saturday, May 10, 2008

Blessed are the children of mothers

Happy Mother's day MOM!!

My mom has got to be one of the most generous and giving people I know. She's always the first one to offer her help whenever someone is not feeling well and needs extra care. When she's helping them physically she is also helping them emotionally when she gets them to smile and laugh. She is a funny lady and we all know laughter is the best medicine! She is a wonderful mom and I'm so glad that she is MINE! She is also one of the best Grandmas around... She is a constant source of fun and is so great at letting them "help" her with cooking, gardening, and crafting. She has unlimited patience and her love for each and every one of them is so apparent in the way she talks and interacts with them. We love you mom!!






This lovely lady is my Grandma Ruth. We have always called her Grandma "Salty" and now her great-grandchildren call her that too! She is my dad's mom and she is such a fabulous lady! She is a constant source of inspiration to me and I'm hoping that when I get to be her age, I will be as healthy and active as she is today! This lady's social calendar is booked people. She is sweet, funny, and a card player extraordinaire! Love you!!








Now, I have been fortunate enough to have these ladies brought into my life because of Connor. His mom, Pat, is a fabulous lady and an amazing mom. Lucky for me she taught Connor how to grow up to be such a wonderful person. She's a terrific grandma and Nick and Nolan love spending time with her!

Connor's grandma is one of the most amazing people I have met. She is so kind and has a quiet confidence about her. Her family ADORES her and for good reason! She's caring and sweet and can't be beat!






Now, here are the two kids who call me mom. I feel like the luckiest mom in the world because of these boys. They are sweet, funny, kind, compassionate, smart, artistic, creative, athletic, well-behaved, adorable kids and they are all MINE! Lucky me!














Here's a shot of Nick when he was only 10 mos. old. I love this picture because of the look in his eyes...They have a deep and intensely sweet look about them.






I also love this picture because of the look in his eyes. This one cracks me up each time I see it. He's proud of his hammer and doesn't want anyone to mess with him!






Love, love, love this picture of Connor with Nolan... I guess if it wasn't for this wonderful man I wouldn't be a mother at all. Love you Con!


So it's quite evident that I'm the luckiest lady around...My life is filled with joy and happiness thanks to all of these wonderful mothers. They have each touched my life in different ways, I love each and every one of you!


Have the Happiest of Mother's days.

2 comments:

PRP said...

Great post, Kel. I love the old pictures of the boys. It's hard to believe they were ever that small!

Happy Mother's Day to you!

Anonymous said...

OMG~ Could you or your family be anymore perfect? You are truly one of the most thoughtful people I could possibly know! I can see why though....from your grandparents zest for life, your parents caring ways, a husband that keeps you laughing and all they way down to your kids that keep you guessing. It's so nice to see such a good friend love life as much as you do. That's why I like hanging out with you so much....who knew? Soak up some rays this weekend!
Brenda