Tuesday, September 7, 2010

"Super Jump Shoes"

Last week, Nolan was eagerly waiting for a very special package to be delivered via the Fed Ex man...

-

-

-


This package being dropped off on our doorstep marked the end of a very long wait that started way before the Fed Ex man was involved...

-

-


You see...Nolan has been saving his money for more than a year and a half for what he likes to call "Super Jump Shoes". This is no easy feat when you are his age. Somehow he stumbled upon an advertisement for these bad boys and just had to find out a way to get his hands on them.

(Just so you know...they did NOT cost as much as that web page states...nowhere near)

-

-

-

When I took a gander at the advertisement for the powerisers I have to admit I was not thrilled with the idea of my baby bouncing around the hood in those death stilts. I immediately told myself that there would be no way he could save enough money to purchase them, it would take him forever and he'd lose interest by then for sure. That is where I was wrong.

-

-

-

He's scrimped and saved so diligently that Connor told him that as an award for being such a good saver, we could help him out at least a little with the cost. WHAT? Um...I don't think this is such a good idea...death stilts for my Nolan? Uh-oh. Mom was totally vetoed and the next thing I know, the Fed Ex man was dropping off a package that Nolan pined for and I never wanted to see.

-

-



After pulling them out of the box, we read the manual that was more of a legal statement saying their company would never be at fault for any damages or injuries, yada, yada, yada...

-

-


But look at the look of glee on my son's face. He was stoked! He had imagined himself leaping across the backyard, bounding over fences, having the wind blow through his hair as he glides down the street.

-

-

The first time he tried them on he was a little disappointed. There was no leaping, bounding, or gliding involved. We worked on balancing... One step at a time kiddo.
-

-



But by day two I looked out the kitchen window to see this! He was meandering around the backyard! He looks like something out of a Star Wars movie. Some sort of android robot about to stalk Luke Skywalker or something.

-

-

-


I was amazed at how fast he learned to balance and maneuver with those bizarre things attached to his legs.

-

-


He's only fallen down a couple of times and I'm happy to report he's still kicking. It's no secret that I'm a huge worry wart when it comes to my kids so I'm glad Connor is around to balance me out. If it wasn't for him, they'd probably sit around covered in bubble wrap. :)


It's fun to watch Nolan enjoy his new super jump shoes so much. He really did earn them. Even if we did help him out a little, he stuck to his guns and saved almost every penny forgoing many eye catching toys at the toy store. He learned that saving for something is not easy, but can be very rewarding.







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Nolan, you are AMAZING! I can't wait to see you using them in person!
Grandma Pat