Sunday, November 4, 2007

Powerhouse Performance

Ok, here's the scenario....

Beautiful Fall evening, kids happy with their newly hired babysitter, and Connor and I are on our way to spend our Friday evening together in Seattle. I love date nights like this! But it gets better...

We get to have Dinner at a beautiful Italian restraunt in Pacific Place called Il Foriano's. It was nice trying out a new place...we've been eating in our little home town way too often. A girl can get sick of Applebees and Quiznos if you're not careful. The Italian food was delicious... you can't go wrong with pasta swimming in sundried tomato vodka sauce, can you? So after we finished the meal off with a little creme brulee, we were on our way to the second portion of our date...

We walked a few blocks to the Paramount theater where we were about to see one of the best concerts we've ever seen.

We walked upstairs to the mezanine to take our seats. The Paramount is fantastic place to see a concert, it has great accoustics and there isn't a bad seat in the place. The opening band, A Fine Frenzy, was on stage wowing the crowd with their lead singer's beautiful voice. She was great, I was impressed. But as soon as the star attraction took the stage, I soon forgot all about the opening act.

Brandi Carlile was the gal we came to see perform and holy cow, she did not dissapoint! She has the most amazing voice and can belt her songs out with such power and feeling. I love her! She even turned off her mic and unplugged the guitars and sang an entire song, it was very cool to see. She's a local gal, she grew up only fifteen minutes from where we live in a small town called Ravensdale. Connor and I have been fans since the first time we heard her the radio earlier this year. Her voice is one of a kind, there is no doubt in my mind that she is going to be HUGELY POPULAR.

We spent the car ride home, singing (trying anyways) her songs and chatting about what a great night it had been. I love date nights-thanks Con!

Check out one of Brandi Carlile's videos by following this link...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnG9KEDLPhE

Her most well known song is The Story, check it out here...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xq-ZmAYLeB8

She's awesome!!!

3 comments:

PRP said...

That sounds like an awesome evening! I'm so envious! I'll have to go see her if she ever comes to my neck of the woods....

thug life said...

I love the music on your page it really fits with you page too.

thug life said...

I love the music on your page it really fits with you page too.