Friday, May 20, 2011

Wearing A New Coat... Of Paint.





Our home sweet home got a little makeover recently.


She's feeling quite smitten with her new coat.


BEFORE


Not so lovely "pale blue almost white"


(Boys didn't believe me when I told them they lived in a blue house... they always thought it was white.)
..
.
.
DURING
It only took these guys about 4 days total to tackle this project.

..

.

.

AFTER

She's a vision in her new "khaki" with "tiki hut brown" duds.


..


.


We are happy with the warm and cozy results! I love it!


..


.




We are no longer embarrassed by our front door. She's a lovely shade of "Rustic Red".


Before she was covered in scuff marks, nail holes, and spider webs.


..




LURVE.


..


.




View of the back. I think the covered patio addition melds in better with this new color scheme.


..


.


Our shed no longer looks like it came out of the civil war. It's a lovely now! (Notice those snazzy new window boxes.)


.


.


It was so nice to hire some work to be done instead of doing the grunt work ourselves. The painters were fabulous, showed up on time, cleaned up, and were very reasonably priced.


.


Now the outside represents my love for this house. :)








3 comments:

PRP said...

It looks fantastic! I wish i was sitting on that back patio right now.

Ann said...

Wow, Kelly, it looks beautiful. I totally agree, the new colors make a huge difference. I may drive by just to have a look.

Suz said...

love it...I really want to do our house in that khaki color :)