Friday, January 14, 2011

Reading, Writing, and Creating Fabulous Things Out Of Wood...

OK... get ready for a little bragging.
Not only is my kid, Nick, a stellar student in Middle School... He also is a rock star when it comes to creating cool things in shop class.
Take a look for yourself-
.
.
.
.
Project number one is this adorable wooden basket that he made for yours truly! It is now living on our kitchen table.
.
.
.


I mentioned project number two during my Christmas post, but it is so nice I'll mention it twice!
Connor's been trying to think of the perfect location to hang it up in the backyard, some lucky bird is gonna call it home soon.

.
.


And take a looksy at project number three! Is that not the most beautiful cutting board? Seriously, my kid made that? He's a master! :)
I love it, and I love that he is so thoughtful as to give all of his creations to us as gifts. He's been slaving away all school year on these items only to give them to us when he's done. I will find it hard to actually cut on this bad boy for the first time because I don't want to ruin it, but I know it's meant to be used and I guarantee it will be used for years and years to come!
.
.
Thank you Nicholas for all of these heartfelt gifts. You did such a wonderful job and it's obvious you spent a lot of time and worked really hard perfecting each one. Another example of how you are a great student and a thoughtful kid. I love you kiddo!



3 comments:

Suz said...

That basket is awesome, actually, they are all great...how nice to have a "woodworker" in the house :)

PRP said...

I loved shop when I was his age! They are so cool and completely priceless to any doting mother!

secondsister said...

What wonderful projects! Nick is so creative. Great having a builder around. Bet you can hardly wait for the next projects.