Tuesday, March 29, 2011

A Series Of Unfortunate Events

I just have to share a little story about how a series of small disasters followed my boys last Sunday morning. . . . . They decided to pull each other around the house on my beloved fleece blanket like they used to do when they were little kids. It's just not the same game when you're 5 feet tall and weigh 100 pounds or so... This little "game" led to my blanket unravelling around the edges. Oh joy. . . . . . . . . They were amazed by how long the string was that was unravelling before their eyes. So... They decided to stretch it around the house, up and down the stairs, and basically made our home look as if it had been attacked by a gargantuan spider weaving a nasty black web EVERYWHERE. Nice. . . . . . I told them to clean it up and that is when we realized that the string had cut little gouges into the corners of the walls and chipped away the paint leaving ugly spots. Oh lovely. . . . . . .This is when I gave each kid a small paper plate, small paintbrush, and a dollop of paint to correct what they had just ruined. There might have been an eye rolling or two at this point, but they were up to the challenge. . . . . . . Nolan finished up in a jiffy, washed out his paintbrush, and was on his merry way.... . Nick on the other hand, started yelling from the hallway at his cat, Sophie. She had somehow managed to get her paw into his paintbrush and was tracking paint down the hallway. Are you kidding me? . . . . . At this point I grabbed the cat, tossed her outside, and started laughing at the crazy turn of events. How on earth can one little mishap lead to such a crazy string of mishaps? Pretty soon we were all laughing. . . . . . . Life is never boring with these boys! :)

2 comments:

PRP said...

You are a good mom. I would have cried.

secondsister said...

I'm so glad you can laugh at these things. That's one of the reasons why we all love your family. You ARE a great mom!!